Wednesday, June 1, 2016

2016

Hey all!

What a whirlwind this year has been! Today is June 1st. How are we almost halfway through 2016 already?! It seems a bit crazy to me. Anywho:

My Mill Mill is 7 months old! He is scooting right along (literally) and is SUCH a sweet baby. He is rather large, still 99% in all categories minus the head circumference, which was about 75% at his 6 month appointment. He just popped his first bottom tooth! And the second one is really close to coming through as well. He LOOOOVEES to eat. Not just mama's milk, but all kinds of regular food too. He could not be more different than his brother who only ever wanted mama's milk and really didn't start liking real food until he was about 10 or 11 months old! Miller can already down an apple sauce packet, eat half a banana, and a few pea crisps, all in one sitting! I feel like he may have the Hidalgo food gene. As in, he just likes to eat! He certainly does love being with his Mama and seems a bit apprehensive in larger crowds. He is fairly laid back and seems to be acting a lot like his Dada. It's funny how one's kids turn out more like one parent or another. The three year old Tate is probably a lot like me, as I'm sure most people would agree. He's "wild" and somewhat aggressive, a bit bossy, but also super loving and touchy-feely. I was a lot like that as a child, very hyper and full of energy, plus Tate has the boy hormones! He is getting a lot better at playing with other kids his age, and certainly plays very well with older kids. He loves to play with Jack, Corbin, Eli & Ella (from daycare) and Ms. Ky when he's at my work. We are in the process of picking a preschool for him to start at part-time in the fall. We are all very excited!

Brandon is working hard at Nissan and has been able to spend a  lot of extra weekends at home. He did work last weekend during Memorial day, but gone are the days that he has to work every other weekend! I know he would probably like to work more often, but I can tell he loves being home with his two boys. He really is an amazing father. Tate will often say to Brandon "you're my best friend!" or just to anyone in general "dada is my beeeeest friend" They really are two peas in a pod.

I'm still chugging along at the park, working about 25 hours a week. Tate and Miller stay with Ms. Angie while I work and it's all been going pretty well. We're anticipating summer camps and I've already been on 3 kayak floats so far! Water levels are low so we're hoping for some good rain before next week!

Can't think of too much else to talk about other than my kids and work. HOWEVER, something amazing just popped into my head....in less than 3 weeks I will be heading to Tulum, Mexico for a mini-vacation with my friends Charlotte and Jill! We are celebrating Jill's 30th birthday and I am SO excited! Looking forward to seeing the Mayan ruins and just lying on the beach. Brandon is also looking forward to the water but not to lay by it. He's ready to fish it! Wahoo. We are both in need of a little time away. Hopefully we can take a family vacation this fall. We talked about a camping trip in the Smokies....we shall see!

I will leave you with a bunch of pictures of my babies! Love to all!















No comments:

Post a Comment