Monday, July 29, 2013

4 Months Old!

Hello everyone!


On the 16th of this month, Mr. T turned 4 months old.....time is passing by rather swiftly! He is starting to do so many new things all the time. He LOVES turning himself over from his back to his stomach. He hasn't quite mastered from his stomach to his back yet, but he's working on it! 


He also laughs and smiles all the time! If someone smiles at him, there is a good chance he will smile back. He is also making the cutest little laughs, especially if you talk in a funny voice to him. He loves it. I know I sound like a total dork when I talk to him, but I guess babies just love it! He holds his head up so well now, and can put all his weight on his legs. He basically stands up on his own, we just hold him for balance. He can't sit upright quite yet, but I can tell that is going to be happening pretty fast!

He is wearing 6-9 month clothing and size 3 diapers!

We had his 4 month doctor appointment on the 22nd and he had to get his second round of shots :( He cried a lot harder this time than last, but he only cried for about five minutes. It was heartbreaking though! But surprisingly not as hard as I thought it would be. The doctor said everything looked good with him and that is he an "awesome baby". Thanks Dr. Eastham! (We love this doctor a so much!) 


We have gotten into a fairly "normal" routine I think. Our normal right now is a lot different than the typical family I think just because Brandon works night shifts like 6 or 7 nights a week and I work 2 different part time jobs at different hours everyday. Hello craziness! But most of the time it works out well since our babysitter, Ms. Shannon, lives super close to my park in Murfreesboro. Here is a picture she sent me the other day of Tate man holding his own bottle :(

So far he is doing really great with our babysitter and we feel super lucky to have her! She is an amazing mom to her own two children and really does treat Tate like one of her own kids. You can tell she is a natural "mother" and caretaker which makes me feel so much better about taking my baby boy to her :) She also breastfed both her kids so she is familiar with using breast milk in a bottle. I pump at work everyday and then give it to her to use. We have a good supply going in case I ever get sick or drink the occasional beer (or 4) so it's been working out well!

Another cool thing Tate is starting to do is make a lot of different noises. He whimpers, whines, screams, and "talks" It is SO cute. I try to get a video but as soon as I start it he notices the damn shiny apple on the back of my phone and is like mesmerized. He is super observant and really seems to notice everything around him.  It's the cutest thing ever when he turns his head at whoever is talking. I love it!



So as much as our lives have changed and things are totally different than they used to be, Brandon and I are so happy to be parents to our little baby Tate. I know it sounds corny but he has made our lives complete! :) 

Thanks for reading and until next post, take it easy friends. 




No comments:

Post a Comment